Want to add 30 minutes of super productive time to your daily schedule? Try this:
- Log-off email for the next 15 minutes.
- Did you know that it’s possible to log off email?
- You may feel anxious at first. It will pass (eventually, I promise).
- No one is going to die. Breathe. You can always log back on if you start to hyper-ventilate.
- Select the most important task you have procrastinated the longest: the phone call you don’t want to make, the writing you have to do, the face-to-face conversation you dread, etc.
- Do it.
- Notice how much easier this task was to complete without the distraction of email?
- If part of your 15 minutes is left over, try another task.
- How did it go?
- Quick! Log back into email before anyone notices!
- Try another fifteen minutes later today.
Please email me to share your experience, strength and hope—or if if you need to be talked off a ledge. Scott@Doubledareyou.us.
This works! It really does.
P.S. If you are as impressed as most people who try this, go ahead, lose your mind: try another 15 minutes!