Are you experiencing symptoms of exhaustion, depression or overwhelm in your business and/or personal life?
In this video interview with Joey Gilkey (from The Best Damn Agency Podcast), I talk about the often brushed-off and neglected ‘feeling’ that entrepreneurs experience: BURNOUT.
As business people who tend to always be on the go, do exciting things and deal with nerve-wracking decisions, it is extremely difficult to take a pause – especially when the exhaustion goes beyond the body and into the brain. When everything feels draining, what must you do? What must you think of? What must you feel? Is there still hope to break free from this?
These are some of the questions we attempt to answer and recount as we also share our fair amount of burnt-out stories.
This Video Covers:
- How entrepreneurs, agency owners and clients are prone to burnout (02:45)
- The actual definition of ‘burnout’ and how it is used in today’s culture (08:58)
- Three characteristics and some symptoms of burnout (09:51)
- Wrongly avoiding stressors and turning to (seemingly harmless) addictions nowadays (16:51)
- What I would advise to people feeling burnt out (23:08)
- The five basic counterintuitive shifts to make when experiencing burnout (27:54)
- The principle that Joey has held on to especially during overwhelming and stressful situations (28:42)
- The discipline (and corresponding struggle) of taking a break as entrepreneurs (34:24)
- Questions you need to ask yourself when feeling burned out or frustrated about problems you cannot solve (39:56)
- How investing in a proven system – having a mentor or a coach – has done so much for Joey’s growth as an entrepreneur and an individual in general (39:56)